The department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 2000 which offers B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering of four years duration. The intake capacity of the department is 60 students. Mechanical engineering is a creative discipline that draws upon a number of basic and applied sciences to design, build and optimize the devices, machines, processes, and systems that involve mechanical forces, work and energy. The department comprises of highly experienced faculty members who are working for the welfare of the students and the department.
- Department is fully equipped with latest and advance laboratories.
- Teaching beyond curriculum to enhance practical knowledge.
- Department of Science & Technology (DST) sponsored the student’s projects.
- Exposure to industries through periodical industrial visits and ambient opportunities to take up industrial attachment or apprenticeship.
- Placements in the Govt. and Private sectors like Army, Merchant Navy, HAL, Tata Motors, Honda etc.
VISION & MISSION
To become a center of excellence in Mechanical Engineering, producing innovative and creative mechanical engineers to meet the global challenges with social and cultural responsibility.
- To provide a platform to the students towards attaining quality education in Mechanical Engineering.
- To develop alliances with world class R&D organizations, educational institutions, industry and alumni for excellence in teaching, research and consultancy practices.
- To educate students about professional & ethical responsibilities and train them to build leadership and entrepreneurship qualities for their career development.
LABS AND WORKSHOPS
The Department has the following fully equipped laboratories
- Fluid Mechanics Lab.
- Strength of Material Lab.
- Thermal Engines Lab.
- Dynamics of Machines Lab.
- Instrumentation & Control Lab.
- Material Science lab.
- Refrigeration Lab.
- Measurement and Control Lab.
- CAD/CAM LAB.
- Metrology Lab.
- Heat Transfer Lab.
- Automobile Lab.
- Production Engineering Lab.
- Mechanical Workshop.
- Foundry Lab.
The essential subjects of Electronics and Communication Engineering include:
ACADEMIA UPDATION METHODOLOGIES
- The Department is regularly discussed in the faculty meetings and is updated whenever necessary.
- Department is also discussed in the Board of Studies meetings and suggestions (if any) are incorporated.
- A discussion also takes place in meetings with the colleagues from the industry and academia.
- We have put into place a system that will collect feedback in the form of questionnaire from the following
- Employers, who visit the institute for campus recruitment
- The alumni, who attend the alumni meet which is held in the month of April / May every year.
- External visitors from the academia and the industry, who visit the department from time to time for presentations, viva-voce examinations, workshops, conferences etc.
JOB PROSPECTS & CAREER
After the completion of the course in mechanical engineering, lots of opportunities are there in various fields of manufacturing, production, services and development. This is the age of machines and where, there is machines, there is opportunity for mechanical engineers.
A fresher with the Mechanical Engineering degree can get the offer of salary started from 2 lakh per annum up to 5 lakh per annum. There is no criterion of salary for the brilliant or experienced candidate.
Some job titles are listed here:
- Acoustics Engineer
- Automotive Engineer
- Building Systems Engineer
- Chief Mechanical Engineer
- Cryogenics Engineer
- Design Engineer – Mechanical
- Heating Specialist Engineer
- Lubrication Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Mould Design Engineer
- Nuclear Engineer
- Power Plant Engineer
- Robotics Engineer
- Thermal Power Engineer
- Tool Engineer
- Tata motors
- Ashok Leyland
- COAL INDIA
Mr. Pawan Prakash
Head, Department of Mechanical Engineering