The department of Electrical Engineering was established in the year 2000. It offers B.Tech. degree in Electrical Engineering of four years duration; the intake capacities are 60 students respectively. The department is committed to advancement of the frontiers of knowledge in Electrical Engineering and to provide the students with a stimulating and rewarding learning experience. The Electrical Labs are well equipped with high quality precision equipment, instruments and necessary software programs.
The student intake capacity of the department is 60.
- Department has well equipped laboratories.
- Teaching beyond curriculum to enhance practical knowledge.
- Industrial visits and continuing education program.
- Student Counseling & Tutorials.
- Tie up with industries involved in research and development to give live experience to the students.
- Placements in the Govt. and Private sectors like RVVNL, NTPC, NHPC, Reliance power, etc.
VISION & MISSION
To become a department of excellence that produces globally competent Electrical Engineers those are ethically and emotionally strong enough to meet the technological challenges.
- To Provide Quality Education in the domain of Electrical Engineering.
- To inculcate moral and ethical values among the faculty and students.
- To have regular interaction with industries and offer solutions to their problems to bridge the gap between industry and academia.
- Enhance Industry Institute Interaction programme to get acquainted with corporate culture.
LABS AND WORKSHOPS
The Department has the following fully equipped laboratories
- Electrical Machines Lab.
- Electrical Measurements and Instrument Lab.
- Power System and High Voltage Lab.
- Advanced Power Electronics and Industrial Electronics Lab.
- Power System and Control Lab
- Computer Based Power System Design Lab
- Electrical Circuit Lab.
- MATLAB Programming Lab.
- High Voltage Engineering Lab.
- Electrical Drives and Control Lab.
The essential subjects of Electronics and Communication Engineering include:
ACADEMIA UPDATION METHODOLOGIES
- The Department is regularly discussed in the faculty meetings and is updated whenever necessary.
- Department is also discussed in the Board of Studies meetings and suggestions (if any) are incorporated.
- A discussion also takes place in meetings with the colleagues from the industry and academia.
- We have put into place a system that will collect feedback in the form of questionnaire from the following
- Employers, who visit the institute for campus recruitment
- The alumni, who attend the alumni meet which is held in the month of April / May every year.
- External visitors from the academia and the industry, who visit the department from time to time for presentations, viva-voce examinations, workshops, conferences etc.
JOB PROSPECTS & CAREER
There are lots of job opportunities in the field of electrical engineering. An electrical engineer designs, develops and maintains the electrical control system to the required specifications, and focusing on economy, reliability, safety, sustainability and quality. An electrical engineer can work with the industries deals in product development, system management, product design, sales, amusements, consumers’ electronics, transportation, wireless communication, manufacturing, chemical, automotive, defense and pharmaceutical.
A fresher who has passed the degree in Electrical Engineering can get the offer of salary started from 2 lakh per annum up to 5 lakh per annum. Don’t think about the salary because “sky is the limit”.
Some job titles are listed here:
- Chief Engineers
- Workshop Manager
- Operations Manager
- Development And Test Engineers
- Electrical Product Design Engineer
- Project Manager
- Project Head
- Site Engineer
- Field Test Engineer
- Electrical Consultant
- Customer Support Engineer
- Research And Development Engineer
- Service Engineer
- Technical Director
- Jindal Steel & Power Limited
- Tata Steel & Power Limited
- Everest Industry
- State Electricity Board
- Tata Metallic
- Tata Motors
- ALSTOM India Power project
- Bhushan Steel
- OMEGA Elevator
- KONE Elevator
Mr. Abhishek Kumar Sharma
Head, Department of Electrical Engineering