Civil Engineering is the oldest engineering discipline. Civil Engineering addresses to all aspects of the infrastructure facilities necessary for modern living such as buildings, transportation systems, bridges, tunnels, water supply and waste water treatments, environmental protection etc. Civil Engineering actually plays the role of nation building.
The department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 2011, which offers B. Tech. in Civil Engineering of four years duration & the intake capacity is 60 students per year.
- State-of-the-art laboratories, classrooms and infrastructure.
- On Site lecture and demonstration of practices including Mountain and Table Survey for Practical knowledge.
- Student Counseling & Tutorials.
- Collaboration with reputed builders and firms.
- Placements in the Govt. and Private sectors like L&T, Tulsi Buildcon, Mangalam group etc.
VISION & MISSION
To become a department of excellence that brings out civil engineers with high technical competencies and promotes high-end research to meet the current and future challenges in civil engineering with social values.
- To Provide Quality Education in the domain of Civil Engineering.
- To Promote quality education, research and consultancy for industrial and societal needs.
- To inculcate moral and ethical values among the students.
- To have regular interaction with industries and offer solutions to their problems.
LABS AND WORKSHOPS
The Department has the following fully equipped laboratories
- Geotechnical Engineering Lab.
- Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulic Lab.
- Material Testing Lab.
- Concrete Lab.
- Surveying Lab.
- Structural Engineering Lab.
- Environment Engineering Lab
The essential subjects of Electronics and Communication Engineering include:
ACADEMIA UPDATION METHODOLOGIES
- The Department is regularly discussed in the faculty meetings and is updated whenever necessary.
- Department is also discussed in the Board of Studies meetings and suggestions (if any) are incorporated.
- A discussion also takes place in meetings with the colleagues from the industry and academia.
- We have put into place a system that will collect feedback in the form of questionnaire from the following
- Employers, who visit the institute for campus recruitment
- The alumni, who attend the alumni meet which is held in the month of April / May every year.
- External visitors from the academia and the industry, who visit the department from time to time for presentations, viva-voce examinations, workshops, conferences etc.
JOB PROSPECTS & CAREER
There is no one typical path for civil engineers but within each subfield the details of a career path can vary. Civil Engineering deals with the design, construction and maintenance of the natural built environment including works such as, bridges, roads, canals, dams, airports, highways, buildings, flyovers, tunnels, chimneys and offshore structures. The Branch plays a very critical role in water resource/environment. In India, a student who has degree in civil engineering can get the offer of salary started from 5 lakh per annum upto 20 lakh per annum. There is no criterion of salary for the brilliant or experienced candidate.
Some job titles are listed here:
- Site Engineer
- Field Test Engineer
- Planning Engineer
- Civil Consultant
- Customer Support Engineer
- Bridge Design Technician
- Road Contractor
- Research And Development Engineer
- Service Engineer
- Senior Sales Manager
- Technical Director
- Water Distributor Manager
- L& T
- Mangalam Group
- Emmar Properties
- Tata Projects
- Punj Lloyd Group
- Simplex Infrastructure
- PAC Constructions
- Unitech Group
- GMR Group
- Lanco Infratech Limited
- Nagarjuna Construction Company
- Water Distributor Manager
- Unicon Development Constructions
Mr. Sunil Kumar
Head, Department of Civil Engineering
Contact no: 8290296813